By Naranda Maha Thera
Read Online or Download A Manual of Abhidhamma PDF
Similar eastern books
Prior to now few years all of the areas of Europe have suffered from the results of the area monetary difficulty. so much particularly in japanese Europe, nations have followed various techniques to wrestle the trouble and the influence has been various – politically, economically and socially. This e-book offers an outline of selected international locations and their state of affairs sooner than and through the main issue, offering an in depth view of different areas in this tough interval.
The Madhyama Agama or Middle-Length Discourses, belong to the earliest stratum of Buddhist sutra literature. The dialogues among Sakyamuni Buddha and his disciples and fans current the lessons of early Buddhism.
The Madhyama Āgama (Middle-Length Discourses)
The Madhayama Āgama, or heart size Discourses, belong to the earliest stratum of Buddhist sutra literature. The dialogues among Śākyamuni Buddha and his disciples and fans current the lessons of early Buddhism on karma, loss of life and rebirth, and the learning of the brain so as to achieve nirvana. The audio system frequently utilize parables and stories to demonstrate the right kind figuring out of early doctrine.
The Madhayama Āgama used to be translated into chinese language from a now misplaced Indian unique in 398 C. E. It corresponds commonly to the Majjhima Nikāya of the Pali canon, even if a lot of its sutras have parallels in different sections of the Pali canon.
Volume I includes the translations of divisions 1-6 (of 18) and sutras 1-71 (of 222). Translations of the remainder divisions and sutras should be released in next volumes.
- The Rise and Decline of Buddhism in India
- Transmission of Scientific Texts in 15th-Century Eastern Knaan
- Middle Eastern Dance, 2nd Edition (World of Dance)
- Germany, eastern front (Focus on armour, camouflage and markings)
- Challenging Paradigms: Buddhism and Nativism: Framing Identity Discourse in Buddhist Environments
- Yugoslavia and the Soviet Union in the Early Cold War: Reconciliation, comradeship, confrontation, 1953-1957
Additional info for A Manual of Abhidhamma
3. 4. 5. (Råpàvacara Kusala Cittani—5) Vitakka—Vicàra—Pãti—Sukh ’Ekaggatà— sahitaü Pañhamajjhàna—Kusalacittaü, Vicàra—Pãti—Sukh ’Ekaggatà—sahitaü Dutiyajjhàna—Kusalacittaü, Pãti—Sukh ’Ekaggatà—sahitaü Tatiyajjhàna— Kusalacittaü, Sukh ’Ekaggatà—sahitaü Catutthajjhàna— Kusalacittaü, Upekkh ’Ekaggatà—sahitaü Pa¤camajjhàna— Kusalacitta¤ c’àti. Imàni pa¤ca’ pi Råpàvacara—Kusalacittàni nàma. 60 _______ (Råpàvacara Vipàka Cittàni)—5) 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Vitakka—Vicàra—Pãti—Sukh ’Ekaggatà— sahitaü Pañhamajjhàna—Vipàkacittaü.
32, Here upekkhà may be Equanimity too. 55 _______ (Eight types of Resultant Consciousness) 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. 16. One consciousness, unprompted, accompanied by pleasure, associated with knowledge, One consciousness, prompted, accompanied by pleasure, associated with knowledge, One consciousness, unprompted, accompanied by pleasure, dissociated with knowledge. One consciousness, prompted, accompanied by pleasure, dissociated with knowledge, One consciousness, unprompted, accompanied by indifference, associated with knowledge.
Ordinary persons and even Holy Ones of the first three grades of Saintship do not experience these eight Cittas. 35. Illustrations for the first eight Kusala Cittas:— 1. 23. One understandingly gives something to a beg- See n. 12 p. 33. 59 gar at once with joy. 2. One understandingly gives something to a beggar with joy, after deliberation, or being induced by another. 3. A child, without any understanding, joyfully salutes a monk at once. Joyfully a person automatically recites a Sacred Text without understanding the meaning.
A Manual of Abhidhamma by Naranda Maha Thera